Monday, August 12, 2013

Swimming Lessons

We haven't spent a ton of time at the pool this summer.  In fact, prior to last week, we hadn't gone AT ALL... the thought of trying to juggle three little ones around water was a little terrifying to me.  My sister-in-law mentioned that they were doing swimming lessons and I figured that I could only "avoid" so long... it was time the kids experienced the pool and started learning how to be in the water.

They. LOVE. it!!  (no surprise to any of you, I'm sure...) :)


It's slow going on the swimming front.  Neither Karen or Megan is too keen on putting their heads under water - and until they do will be somewhat limited on how well they can learn to swim.  Fortunately, the city has a kiddie pool that is only a foot and a half deep, so they can still take advantage of being in the water.  The more they are around friends and cousins that put their faces in, the more (by fractions of a degree) they are "warming" to the idea.

Another week of lessons are in store this week... here's to hoping for progress.  At the very least, it will be fun!

For your viewing "pleasure" is Megan (and a little bit of Karen) serenading me while swimming in the pool.  I think she's a budding actress... (heaven, help me!) 

No comments :