Friday, February 1, 2013

Get Pin-spired - February Edition

So, I have a confession... I'm still new to the whole Pinterest craze... like really new.  I've been on Pinterest a couple of times but haven't spent a significant amount of time at it, so I'm still figuring it out.  That being said, I LOVED the idea of using it to shop your own closet.  The past year has been a "journey" of sorts of trying to re-figure out what my style is so that I feel more like a woman-mommy... not just a frumpy mommy!  Being inspired (or Pin-spired) with ideas that help me use clothes I already have to do this is not only great, but economical!  I'm also hoping it will help me figure out some of the key items I still lack for building good outfits (I already realize that I need some leggings and/or skinny jeans...)

The details:  Mel at the Larson Lingo partnered up with Sheaffer from Pinterest Told Me To and Shay from Mix & Match Family.  The idea is that on the 1st of each month to post one or many (your choice) outfits that you have created that were inspired by Pinterest.

Luckily, I remembered my Pinterest login and got to work.  I have a few items of clothing that I'm always wanting to spice up a bit, so I did some research... here's what I came up with!

Outfit #1 -


This:

Inspired this:

I have a basic red long-sleeved tee (Eddie Bauer) that I like to wear but always feel kind of "blah" when I wear it. I've tried spicing it up with jewelry but that didn't seem to make me feel much different.  I hadn't thought of pairing it with a scarf (wearing scarves is new to me... I only have a couple).  That coupled with my boots from Lands End... I like the newer look!  The jewelry (which you can't see real well, is a bracelet and earrings that I haven't worn yet.  They just haven't seem to match anytime I've tried them.  I thought they looked fabulous with this shirt/scarf combo!).

Outfit #2 -

This:

Inspired this:
A raspberry shirt that is actually a nursing top, but I continue to wear it because it is a flattering cut and color on me.  The gray sweater is from Kohl's.  I've paired these two items but never the boots and jewelry.  I bought this necklace over a year ago and haven't worn it.  Again, it just hasn't seemed to match... with this pairing - I really like it!  I need to work on my self-photography skills so you can see the accessories better.  When I wear this again, I'll work on getting a better picture and updating!

I'm looking forward to shopping my closet and coming up with a few more outfits before the linkup next month!!

7 comments :

Mix and Match Mama said...

Hey girl! You did a fabulous job recreating your looks! I'm so excited that you linked up with us today! Have a great weekend! XOXO Shay

mel @ the larson lingo said...

So glad you remembered your Pinterest login :) Great job on your outfits! Thanks for linking up with us!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Thanks for playing and linking up with us! You look great!
xoxo,
Sheaffer :)

Shelly said...

I like how you adapted the pins to what you had. It shows how we can all follow the trends while still shopping our closet.
I am also trying to find my mom style. Right now I am trying to build up the basics in my closet.

Jenna {Real Simple Girl} said...

Great job with your re-creations!

Rachel Zimm said...

those are great looks for you!

Kortni said...

Cute!!! I especially like look number 2!