Monday, October 29, 2012

Sisters...

Since everyone is FINALLY healthy in the house, my little sister came to visit for a night this weekend.  YEAH!!  She "only" lives 45 minutes away, but I seldom get time with her just to myself.  We usually see each other when my folks are visiting and the whole family is together, but seldom get time alone to visit.  So, I cherish the time we get to spend together when we can manage it. 

It worked out for the both of us this weekend and I'm so glad it did!  I think I may have mentioned (just once or twice...) that Suz is my best friend... as kids, we got into all kinds of shenanigans.  As adults, we've been a little better behaved... :)  but she still is my confidante, sounding board, anchor, shoulder to cry on, reality check, living example of how I should live my faith... There aren't many hats that she hasn't worn for me...

I also love watching her with my kids... She has such a special way with them.

Here she is loving on Lauren...

and helping Karen play games on the iPad...

Megan missed out on the photos... she was napping when I remembered that I wanted to snap some! But I have a photo from earlier this summer when Suzie visited... before she chopped her hair for "Locks-for-love".


It never takes much to circle back to my niece, Jessica.  I don't know how many nights since she passed that I've pondered her loss and tried to imagine how my other niece Michaela is feeling.  She and Jessica were only 16 months apart - and so like Suzie and I (we are 13 months apart).  I try and imagine the last 20 years without Suzie and to be honest, I simply cannot. My heart breaks for Michaela, knowing the gap that will be in her life in the coming years without Jessica there.  I pray that over time she finds either a friend or her younger sister Abigail to help fill that gap.

Sisters... there isn't anything like them!

Love you Suz!!

No comments :