Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Must. Stop. Eating. Candy.

Remember all that good stuff I talked about last week regarding my nutrition changes and choices??  Well, leave it to Halloween to make it all go out the window.  I'm in serious need of some sugar detox!  There might have to be a candy purge... but I'll give the girls (i.e. me) a day or two before that happens!

So, this may qualify us for "best parents" award, but this is the first year we took the kids out trick or treating.  In fact, it is only the second of Karen's five Halloweens that we've managed to get her in a costume on Halloween.  It happened last year, but I have no pictures to prove it. 

This year, though, they were pretty excited about dressing up and trick or treating - even though they kept asking me what it was.  They looked so cute - who could deny them the joy of walking up sidewalks and knocking on doors to get candy put into their bag!  We only hit about five houses, but they had fun.  And to my surprise, I had fun too.  It's amazing how something that doesn't sound too appealing is so totally worth it when when you watch your kids' little faces light up! (yes, I'm a Halloween Grinch... not the biggest fan of the day).

Love these little gals though - don't they make the cutest princesses!! (Just call Lauren a sweety... she wore her candy corn shirt all day until we left tonight for trick or treating... she went as a pumpkin).







Tried to get a picture of Carl with his girls, but getting them all to look at the camera at the same time... not happening!

Somehow, we managed it with the whole family portrait.  It probably had something to do with me leaving the camera sitting on the couch and sprinting over to join them... they were trying to figure out what the heck was going on!

Happy Halloween Everyone!

2 comments :

Jennifer said...

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a Halloween grinch too! Every year I complain in the run up to it but then spend the day wholeheartedly carving pumpkins and cooking Colcannon, complete with immoral amounts of butter! It's definitely worth it all when the children love it so much and to see all the gorgeous photos of cute pumpkin babies! Glad it's over though.

Kortni said...

Very cute! We are giving most of our candy to an organization that sends it to the troops overseas. I can't have that much candy in my house either.