Saturday, September 1, 2012

Harvest 2012

We are three weeks into another harvest.  Praise God it has been a good and safe year so far!!  We have had few break-downs and no major scares... I like years like this!
 
Days are long for the guys in the field.  Carl is typically out of the house between 5:00 and 5:30 and hasn't been getting home until close to 9:00 at night.  He is missing seeing the kids and they are missing him. 

They quit a little early last night and you should have heard the squeals of excitement when they saw him pulling in the driveway at 7:45 last night!!  It was not an early to bed night, but they got some quality play time in with their Daddy.

The other way we sneak in Daddy time is by letting the kids ride on the combine and tractor.  The equipment these days make it so nice!  I grew up perching on the arm rest of my Dad's combine or curling up on the floor.  My girls get their own "buddy" seat!



My niece and nephew had to get in on the action to!  Getting ready to ride with Carl.

As I said, it has been a good harvest so far.  It makes me sad to think, though, of all the farmers in the mid-west who have no crops to harvest because of the drought.  Please offer up a prayer for them and for their families!  It is tough when your entire yearly income depends on these few weeks of harvest.

No comments :